top of page

Toxic Chocolate

As we have just celebrated Easter the chances are you have lots of chocolate in your house now. As much as we enjoy chocolate, most people are aware that it can be harmful or even fatal if eaten by our dogs. However, did you know that certain types of chocolate are worse than others for our dogs? Dark chocolate is the worst, dogs only need to eat 2g per kg of their bodyweight for it to be toxic. With milk chocolate anything from 20g and over per kg of body weight is toxic and white chocolate does not harm them (though is probably not the healthiest snack!). Try to make sure all chocolate is out of reach of your pups but accidents do happen, if your dog has eaten any chocolate ring your vet for advice but you can also check the handy calculator on Vets Now

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page